Saturday, December 20, 2008

Santa's Coming!!!

Jolly Ole Saint Nick is on the way. He was also the last of my Christmas decorations to make it this year.



I've had the Santa's Coming kit for about 3 years and this year it made it out of the closet. When I saw this wall hanging on the cover of Quilting for Christmas 2005, I had to have it. So, I placed my order from Quakertown Quilts. The kit was great. It even included all of the buttons and jingle bells to embellish the quilt.
Since this is one of those quilts that I'm sure is the beginning of a family tradition and could possibly become one of those treasured family memories, I decided to quilt this one by hand.



The ornaments are fused to a heavy felt. You then hot glue some floss to them to form the little hanging loop.




The 24 ornaments help us count down the days to Christmas. Each day of Advent, you move one ornament from the boarder of the quilt to the "Charlie Brown" tree that Santa is holding. My son has taken on the job of moving the ornaments each day.

Enjoy





Merry Christmas.....Heritage Quilter

2 comments:

  1. Love your advent calendar. Last year was the first year we did not use ours. So sad. Kids are all in their 20's and only one at home. Your kids will want to do it every year now. You will enjoy the excitement from them. Thanks for visiting my blog. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fantastic! I love all thinks Advent, and this is just one more. Well done, and in such a timely fashion, too! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete