Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Post Op and $5 BOM

4 weeks ago today, I was released from the hospital after surgery. Everything went fine, just taking longer to recover than I expected. The doctor told me it would take weeks, but I thought I would be different. I'm not apparently. It took two weeks for me to even make it down the steps to the quilt cave. Talk about motivation. To keep a quilter away from her fabric is unthinkable. Even then, I couldn't stay for more than about an hour. A little cutting time, then a little time at the machine. I'm down there everyday now.


The first thing that I worked on was the $5 BOM from Sew Original in Winston Salem. This year, you could choose from 2 of 3 different color choices; black, blue or red. All are with white. Since I already have a black, white and red quilt (which you can see is my profile pic) I went with blue and red. But instead of a blue/white quilt and a red/white quilt, why not 2 red/white/blue quilts. One for each of my kids.


By switching just one fabric out of each kit, I will have one mostly blue quilt and one mostly red quilt. Here is a peek at the first months blocks. What do you think?


3 comments:

  1. Hey there, good to see you back. Take it slow. What a great idea for your $5.00 BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you clever! What a great idea!! I did both set of BOM lst year and decided to sit this year out...don't want too many orphans sitting around.

    Take it easy on yourself...but I hear ya - you can't keep a quilter away from her fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea! I had the idea of combining the red and blue blocks, too; but not combining the fabrics within each block! Aren't you just too smart? Take it slow and easy, friend!

    ReplyDelete